There are apparently some people out there who still remember every member of G-Unit.
If you really want to get the full experience, by the way, I recommend you listen to the songs under the questions as you work. If you're not done by the time the songs are done, FAILURE! EXILE!
- Due to lack of interest from theaters, which iconic 1977 movie was bundled for sale with the more hotly anticipated film The Other Side of Midnight? Your hint is that of all the iconic movies that came out in 1977, I can promise that the answer is not Eraserhead.
- What cinematic Easter egg did Google embed in their search code this past week?
- Which alarmingly attractive contemporary female singer has blessed us with such lyrics as, ‘yayo yayo moo la la yayo,’ and ‘Don’t act like you forgot, I call the shots shots shots like blah brrap brrap.’
- Sub Pop, Interphon, Island, Mirage, and United Artists are all what kind of company?
- Following the appearance of this…candidate… ahem… on Saturday Night Live a few weeks back, NBC will grant four other republican presidential candidates 12 minutes of free advertising. To be fair.
- According to statistics from the department of labor, what is the most dangerous job in America? Is it fishing, logging or power line installation and maintenance?
- What was the first video game ever sports arcade game ever produced?
- True or false: A sixty Minute/Vanity Fair poll published in 2012 revealed that one or two percent of Americans believe that Mitt Romney’s name is Mittens. For one bonus point, what is Mitt Romney’s given name?
- Complete this sentence, courtesy of Wikipedia and my nightmare journal: “FourFiveSeconds is a song recorded by Barbadian singer Rihanna, American Rapper Kanye West, and ____________.”
- And finally, taking us back to high school physics and a hint of what hell there is to come in the following rounds, what is the name for the principle that dictates that the observed frequency of a of a wave depends on the relative speed of the source and the observer?
Daya, Hide Away
- How many Narnia books are there, as in the Chronic WHAT Cles of Narnia, and for one bonus point who wrote the chronicles of Narnia? And...all the other ones.
- What does the F stand for in John F. Kennedy?
- In which sport would you find an eighteenth man, tap tackles, scrums and yet another iteration of the dreaded offsides rule?
- In which northern country would you find the Phallus Museum, a museum featuring the preserved phalluses of more than two hundred different creatures, both human and non-human? That’s right, they have Edward Cullen’s AND Mr. Spock’s wieners.
- What does it mean if a law has a sunset provision?
Meat Puppets, Backwater
Thin Lizzy, Jailbreak
2.2 SUPER SECRET BONUS ROUND
Per usual these questions fit a theme. What is that theme?
- If you fill a glass to the absolute top with water and then add a handful of powdered salt, will the water overflow?
- What is the only letter that does not appear on the periodic table of the elements?
- For one point apiece, what are the only two metals that are not silvery in color?
- TRUE OR FALSE! Lightning is good for the environment, because lightning strikes produce ozone, which is good for the ozone layer.
- What is the name of the MOLECULE that makes hot peppers hot?
- For five points, WHAT IS…this weeks SUPER SECRET bonus THEME?
Wallflowers, One Headlight
- Who was the first American to orbit the Earth?
- What is the name of the commission put together by President Lyndon B. Johnson to investigate the assassination of President John F. Kennedy?
- For three points, what number day of the year is it [11/29/15]? Your hint is, what number day of the year is it?
- This thirst-inducing racing and car testing facility, located two hours from Salt Lake City in Utah, is usually covered with about an inch of water during the winter.
- A single organism composed of genetically distinct cells is known as a what? This is not a trick question, I am not referring to sexual reproduction. A single organism, composed of two distinct and coexisting genetic structures, is known as what? Your hint is that this is a word derived from Greek mythology.
The Weeknd In The Night
- For three points apiece, what two insects top the Schmidt Pain Index, which rates the pain of insect stings?
- For one point apiece, give me the winners of these football games from last Sunday: Cowboys/Dolphins, Jets/Texans, Packers/Vikings, and Bengals/Cardinals and Rams/Ravens.
- For three points apiece, name all the members of G-Unit. That’s Guerrilla-Unit, by the way, in case it’s any help. It probably isn’t.
- Hat Trick is most commonly associated with Hockey on this continent, but the phrase originated in the 1800s in another sport, where it had a similar, but different meaning. What sport first coined the phrase “Hat Trick?”
- And finally, using a separate sheet of paper, explain what is happening in the sentence Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo.
Steve N Seagulls Thunderstruck
Stay tuned for the answers, after THESE MESSAGES!
"So I was on my way to work and I was trying to drink my Starbucks and do my makeup and talk to my girlfriend all while on the train and I kept dropping my phone in my triple-sweet extra-hot nonfat Chai Latte, but like we were having this really important convo about the guy she's been talking to and how like they like to netflix and chill and stuff and junk but like neither of them is trying to do anything serious like a relationship-relationship right? I mean that's not crazy or anything they're just looking for like casual sex and companionship and help with their bills but like they don't want to be a couple or anything like that's too much, and like I kept getting chai in my hair and then my boss was a total dick about it when I asked if I could stop in at Forever 21 for maybe like a new blouse cause the old one had chai on it and really I needed to keep talking to my friend cause like I have my problems too right? Like the guy I'VE been talking to is TOTALLY talking to this other girl too and he says it's not serious but you KNOW that he's not telling me the truth cause I'VE been talking to this other guy too just in case you know? So like I know what it looks like and I TOTALLY needed the time to get my shirt and talk to my girl but like my boss was–"
SCREEEEEEECAAAAW *flap flap flap* SCREEEEEEEEEEE *flap smack crunch* Omigod get it off of her oh god her face Jesus Christ SCREEEEEEEAAAAW *flap flap flap* Screeeeeeeeeeeeee *flap flap*
Flamberg's Millennial-Seeking Attack Eagles. For those moments when pushing someone into traffic just isn't enough. Call now and receive our Anti-Busker Osprey, FREE!
Flamberg's. Because sometimes the children AREN'T our future.
Talk to your doctor about Perferon today. But do it in person, because it's best not to have a phone record of the conversation.
AND WE ARE BACK, Petunia, with the answers to this weeks TRIVIAAAAA GAAAAAAME! Brought to you by Flamberg's Millennial-Seeking Attack Eagles and Perferon: For all your Shithop Prevention Needs.
You know Petunia I heard you had one of those Flamberg's eagles sent after YOU last night, tell me, how was that?
Not here? Where is she? Oh, well, I mean, was anyone gonna tell me? Come on, Alphonse, her lines are still on the teleprompter! Well it's not my job to tell you how to do your job, it's my job to stand up here with the mic and hawk that douchebag's attack birds. Did she call in?
Oh, right. Yeah, no right, because of the Eagle. Yeah. My bad. How's she doing?
To shreds you say. I mean can they make her a new one?
Well, what if they just got her a wig and stapled it on?
Fine, glued it on.
Well I don't know how medicine works, for God's sake, my mother told me Aspirin was a schedule-1 narcotic!
Yeah, well, YOUR moms is so fat she uses Crisco insteada KAY WHY! Yeah, that's right, I–
Whattaya mean the mic is on?
You're the worst, Al.
- Star Wars
- The Star Wars opening crawl for search results of ‘a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.’ Go on, try it, it’s rather nice.
- Record Labels
- Donald Trump. NBC considered putting a clause in the agreement stating that the 12 minutes of advertising will have to make the candidates look as bad as Trump did on SNL, but then they realized that the candidates would probably go ahead and do it anyway, on their own.
- Fishing, at 129 deaths per 100,000 fisherman.
- Pong. Say it aloud, it’s a wonderful word.
- True. Mitt’s name is Willard, which makes about as much sense as his tax plan OOOOOH SNAP!
- Paul McCartney, the Dark Beatle. I’d like to think that Ringo and Paul are Highlanders, and someday Ringo will behead Paul and gain the right to have children, all because once Paul cut off Sean Connery’s head.
Wait, Ringo already has kids?
Well, shit, forget it then.
- The Doppler Effect
- 7. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, The Horse and his Boy, The Magicians Nephew, and The Last Battle.
- It means that said law shall cease to have effect after a certain time or date unless otherwise legally extended. IE Curfews.
- Nope. As the NaCl separated into Sodium and Choride ions, which bind to the water molecules, the volume of the water decreases.
- Gold and Copper.
- True. Thanks, Lightning.
- John Glenn
- The Warren Commission
- It [11/29/15] is the 333rd day of the year. Round three, question three, for three points: 333 HAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA BURN WORLD BURN.
- The Bonneville salt flats.
- The Bullet Ant and the Tarantula Hawk Wasp. The pain from the wasp’s sting is supposed to be so powerful and all encompassing that it removes a person’s ability to do anything but scream, according to one researcher, but it only lasts three minutes or so. The ant, on the other hand, causes a pain akin to being shot that lasts up to 24 hours. So basically, stay indoors.
- Cowboys, Texans, Packers, Cardinals and Ravens,
- Fifty-Cent, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, Young Buck, and Kidd Kidd. Also, at one point the Game was in there, but then there was some drama because he-AAAAAAAAAHHHI DON’T CARE I DON’T CARE I DON’T CAREAHHHH!
- Cricket. Originally, when a pitcher took out three batters in a row, his team took up a collection and bought him a sweet hat. England. It’s not shit.
- BuffaloNY Buffalos-the-animal that BuffaloNY Buffalos-the-animal intimidabuffalo, also intimidibuffalo the general population of Buffalo the animal in Buffalo NY.